In November we will be launching a new series, “Tales of Return,” featuring women who chose to return to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints after a time away. Due to the sensitive nature of the topic, stories may be published anonymously at the author’s request.
We would like to hear from women who are currently active members of the Church, who have been through a period of inactivity (due to choice, or to disfellowship or excommunication) who have chosen to return to full participation in the Church. In addition to sharing your story, you might consider some of the following questions:
- What has been the relationship between your faith in Christ and your activity in the Church?
- How has your time away from the Church shaped your current participation?
- How has your Church or family community responded to your faith journey?
- How did your local Church leadership impact your decision to leave or return?
- How has your relationship with God changed through your process of leaving and returning to the Church?
Stories should not exceed 750 words in length, and will be accepted until October 25, 2019. To submit, email [email protected] with the subject “Tales of Return.”